Raising kids is hard work these days and it seems like there are not enough hours in the day. Faith and Families is a ministry to all families as a means to support their faith formation needed to build solid foundations. We are an active ministry and offer parenting workshops, Christian Education resources, prayer and monthly fellowship events. This ministry is great for tired moms and dads who need a lot of coffee and a little more Jesus! Essentially, we are real families, with real faith, trying to raise children faithfully in the real world.
Left alone in the house one evening, five toys come to life and argue about which of them is the best present. Meanwhile, some Nativity characters have quietly entered the room. Joseph proclaims that Jesus was the best present ever, but the toys are skeptical. They can't believe a baby would be the best present when he wasn't even gift wrapped! As the story unfolds, the toys see that God's gift of Jesus is far more significant than they. Grab the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and neighbors to hear the Christmas Story told in a unique way!
- Sunday School meets every Sunday at 10:15AM. On the 4th Sunday of every month, the students participate and serve in worship.
- Friday Night Faith (FNF) is a ministry for 4th-6th graders and meets the first Friday of each month from 6:30-8:00PM. Each meeting is an opportunity for fun, fellowship, and faith!
- Emergence is a newly formed ministry for high schoolers. Peer pressure, body image, sex, friends, relationship, and school--it’s tough being a contemporary teen! This is a great opportunity to have open discussions with other peers about how to live faithfully among today’s demands, while uncovering the potentials of who God created them to be! We meet monthly (schedule to be announced), with the first meeting on November 23, from 2:00-3:15P at Panera Bread in Abingdon.
- RoadTRIP! (Ocean City, MD) Open to all high schoolers for a weekend of service projects, faith-filled discussions, building relationship in small groups for youth and workshops/networking for adults, powerful worship with our Bishop preaching, and new and renewed friends from all over the Synod! Come and hear how God is speaking to you… and speaking through you to the world. For more information, please visit http://demdsynod.org/mission-teams/mission-through-congregations/youth-and-family-ministry/youth-events/roadtrip/
- Christmas Play, December 15 at 10:15 (see homepage for info)
No, no, NO!” Is this a frequent sound in your household, either from you or your child(ren)? Is “no” your child’s middle name? If so—GOOD NEWS! We will be continuing our Parenting Workshops, as a resource to help the struggles and tantrum in your home. The topic: “Avoiding Power Struggles with your Kids.” Join us for a two part workshop on May 8 and May 22. The workshop is free, and begins at 6:00PM, but come early (5:30PM) to eat dinner, which is also included. Child care is also available, but to ensure adequate staffing, you must RSVP to Vicar Chas Wiener at email@example.com or at (443)299-6134.
You can call it “Halloween,” “All Hallow’s Eve” or “All Saint’s Day Eve”—but, no matter what you call it, let’s celebrate together! Please join us for our fourth annual TRUNK - or - Treat on Sunday, October 27 immediately following the 10:15AM service. We will have a potluck luncheon (please bring a dish to share) and a costume contest for ALL. Prizes awarded for the best costume in these categories: Best Theological/Biblical Costume, Funniest Costume, Best Family Costume these, and Best Decorated car TRUNK theme. Costumes ARE allowed in worship, as long as we are sensitive to others. For more information, please contact Vicar Chasity Wiener or contact the church office: 443.299.6134.
Hey 4th-6th graders! Would you like to spend a few Fridays away from Mom and Dad (Mom and Dad, would you like some evening downtime from your 4th-6th grader)? Now you can have both! "Friday Night Faith" is a ministry specifically geared toward 4th-6th graders. This ministry will be a time for games, movies, fellowship, discussion, and Bible study. We also plan to have regularly scheduled activities like bowling, camping, etc. With God, the possibilities are endless! With you, the fun and learning are endless